Monday, January 7, 2013

Week 2: Monday Goals


January in New Hampshire is so cold and grey that I thought these flowers would brighten my week

So the first week of 2013 was a pretty productive one. Hopefully this past week was just a teaser for how the rest of the year will go! This coming week I think is going to be a good one too, if I can just stay on course and not get distracted, then all will go well. How productive was I last week, you ask? Let's see what I got accomplished:
I hemmed and photographed (Yay!) Vogue 8728 and showed you all my lovely pictures. I even posted my review on Pattern Review, which was going to be on my list of things to do this week. So, check and check!!!

Now that the dress is done, I wanted last week to figure out what to make next. I thought about doing my niece's dress, but ultimately put that after this next project. I had toyed with this skirt, especially after seeing Tilly's red corduroy, and then changed my mind to another dress. Then, settled on a skirt. Colette's Ginger to be exact.

Last Monday I didn't feel much like looking backwards, but a few days later I was able to sit down and reflect. I also set some reasonable (I think!) sewing goals for myself for 2013. It will be interesting to see a year from now how much, if it all, these goals made an impact on my sewing.

Lasagna. Delicious lasagna for everyone to enjoy.

What about this week? This second week out of 52. Let's see what I can come up with:

1. Work on the Ginger skirt. I know this is supposed to be a quick pattern, which for me means it might take a week. I don't know why these things take longer for me, they just do. It is almost like the easier the pattern, the harder I make it for myself. It is clearly a talent that I possess!

2. Organize notions. Now that I have been getting my patterns in order, I realized that all the many notions that I have, seam binding, buttons, needles, threads are just everywhere as well. I need to come up with better storage solutions for these things so that I am not throwing things around in a mad search for them. Everything needs a proper home!

3. Post a never-been-blogged-about handmade item. There are more than a few.

Not an overwhelming list, as I am trying to make these weekly goals manageable. How was everyone else's first week of the year? Any goals you want to share for the upcoming week? It can be sewing related or not :)

No comments:

Post a Comment