Monday, January 21, 2013

Week 4: Monday Goals & a little reflection...



Another Monday it is! It seems like this month is flying by. January is a funny month, it is filled with new beginnings and fresh starts, but here outside it is cold and grey which feels like anything but fresh. Last week I succumbed to the grey of the month. You know those days? When you just can't seem to stop reading other people's blogs and get started on your own stuff? Before you know it you have wasted hours of precious free time. That was me last week!

So let me recap, I had only two goals last week. The third was just reinforcement of the second, because I know my limits and how my mind starts to wander. I am sure I am not the only one ;) Well, what did I accomplish this past week, besides catching up on every blog under the sun?

The Ginger skirt. I finished it, but that was not the goal. The goal was to photo and blog it. I did half of that, and even then it wasn't done to my super-over-acheiving-standards. I have photos, but no post yet. Let's say I get half credit for that. I will post what I do have in the next few days.

Then Simplicity 1787, for my beautiful niece, was the real goal for the week. I did start it. I wish I had proof, and I had all intentions of taking a photo, but you will have to take my word for it.

This week. Well...since I starting writing this post I have received some really sad news. I don't want to make this whole post gloomy and sorrowful, so I will just say that this week I will take the time to think about how much we should be thankful for the people we love. I will appreciate what others bring to our lives, even if the encounters are brief. I will take a moment and breath it all in.

I will also remember the look on my niece's face when I told her last night I had started her dress. Her eyes went as wide as saucers and she grinned from ear to ear! That will help me as I continue to work on Simplicity 1787 and catch up on my goals from last week. On a brighter note, I do have some fun stuff that returned with my husband from Italy! I will share that as well, since sewing surprises always make me smile!

Until next time :)

6 comments:

  1. Aww, sorry to hear you had sad news. Thinking of you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to see you had sad news. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Evelyne! I will fly to the midwest tomorrow, show my support and pay my respects to a kind, generous and loving man.

      Delete
  3. I'm also sorry to hear that you had sad news. I've lost 2 grandfathers and a great aunt in the past few years and it can be really tough. I remember the good times and that makes me smile.

    Can't wait to see how your dress turns out for your niece! take photos =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words :) I will try to take photos. I am really bad about construction photos, but trying to get better!

      Delete