Monday, January 14, 2013

Week 3: Monday Goals



I can't believe it is Monday already?! This past weekend flew by. I spent the weekend mostly cleaning and cooking, but was able to do a little sewing. It was a relaxing and productive weekend. I made a great chicken dish on Saturday that looked strange when it was pulled from the oven, but was delicious. I must admit that I could have been a bit more productive if I hadn't decided that I needed to watch Downton Abbey (clearly I am not good at avoiding distraction!). I watched the entire second season and now the first two of the third. It is actually surprising when I think about all I did accomplish considering how some of my weekend was spent on the couch!

So I am going to try to keep the momentum going as we head into this third week:

1. Take pictures of my completed Ginger. I finished it on Friday (yay!), but wasn't able to get a good photo shoot. Yet. Hopefully that will happen this week.

2. Start niece's dress. I had said that my next project would be my niece's dress, Simplicity 1787, and instead I sewed up my Ginger. So, that is what I will do next. Although, I have to travel to Texas for my older sister's 40th birthday and I kind of want to make a dress for that. I would have about a month to get it done...

3. Stay focused and sew my niece's dress! :)

This week I will be at the shop a little more, so I won't have as much free time. All the more reason to really adhere to goal two and three! Anyone else have a hard time staying focused? Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I was in the middle of sewing when my husband called out "downton abbey in 5 minutes!" so i had to put my project on hold =) can't wait to see your ginger!

    ReplyDelete