Thursday, February 4, 2010

Shhh...I have a secret.


"I am just going to pick up a zipper and some interfacing."

I should have told you sooner. It has been weighing me down since last Friday. I finally confessed today to my pattern-cohort. She didn't even know. I really did go to only buy a zipper and some interfacing. I swear! But...when I got to Joann's...they were still having that pattern sale...and...well, one thing lead to another. I bought another pattern. At least it was only a McCall's pattern for two dollars. And, I do eventually want to sew myself a trench coat. As I wrote that, even I wondered, "do I really want to sew a trench coat?" I might have a pattern problem.


It would be great if I could say I was a "collector" of sewing patterns, but that would imply something that isn't really true. A pattern collector, in my eyes, would have an extensive grouping of vintage and/or rare patterns. There would be a theme of some sort, perhaps all pre-1970, mail-order patterns, or what have you. I am pretty sure my mishmash of vintage, modern, costume, and a few random home decor patterns doesn't fall into the category of collecting. Before I move on, I do want to put out a disclaimer about my home decor patterns. There is nothing scary, I don't have a toaster cozy or anything, only stuff I don't really need a pattern for, like grocery totes and tablecloths. Apparently I think I need patterns for square or rectangle items. Anyway. I can't be the only one that does this, right?  (do you hear crickets?)

It does seem like I am avoiding posting about my current project, doesn't it? Well, I just needed to get that confession off my chest. The update will be posted tomorrow and I can hopefully get pictures this weekend. But I will give you a hint: the top is done! Oh wait, that isn't a hint. But it is true :) And, I have to say, I think it looks pretty darn good. I even had my pattern-cohort come and confirm its cuteness. Yay, for finishing the top! Shepherd's Pie, know that we still love you too.

1 comment:

  1. Just remember, a pattern that goes unused is just an expensive picture of a garment ;P I expect that coat to be done in a week, Missy. :D

    ReplyDelete