Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Simplicity Retro Top. Done.


Here is the picture I promised! I have been teasing for a week, and I finally got the shots taken on Sunday this afternoon and had to tweak them a little. I also apparently thought it was necessary to chop off my head. It was Superbowl Sunday and I had been at my parents' house baking. I was not ready for my close-up. Now that I am looking at this photo, it seems the top looks a little wrinkled. Clearly, nothing was ready for a close-up! I guess that will happen after an evening of poker and then a couple hours shoved into the bottom of a bag (speaking of the top, of course.) Since I am almost finished with the skirt, I will do another photo shoot with both pieces together. And I will do my hair. And iron my shirt.



There was a big discussion among the ladies of the house on Sunday as to how the sash should be worn. I would tell you how I wore it on Saturday night, if I had remembered to wear it. Shame on me. The verdict on the sash was what you see in the photo, which is also how the pattern picture was. I don't think it looked weird without the sash, at least no one said I looked like I was missing a sash. That's good, right?

I have the skirt ready to be hemmed, and then it will be done. It would have been done tonight if I hadn't had to rip out the zipper because I sewed it in backwards the first time. Sigh. I tried the skirt on and it is...snug. Hopefully that has nothing to do with the second helping of Thai food I had. And I also think I might have shortened it too much when cutting out the fabric. I might not get that perfect right-below-the-knee look. We'll have to see what tomorrow brings. Perhaps, some fabric monkeys will come in the middle of the night and magically add more fabric to the hem. And maybe a little to the sides. Or not?

Pretty please little monkeys???

No comments:

Post a Comment