Thursday, February 11, 2010

Next Up: Vintage Territory



Isn't this adorable?  I was so excited a couple months ago when I first stumbled upon it on at this fabulous Etsy store. I was so enthralled with her store that I ended up purchasing three patterns. Shocking ;) I think that I am going to do the short sleeved version of this. I bought some fabric at Mood while visiting Los Angeles, and one piece was handpicked for this dress. But before I go hacking into that beautiful silk, I think I am going to make a test-run with some similar weight fabric. I was thinking of sewing it in a rich plum color. Or perhaps green? Or teal? I will see what I can lay my hands on. I have a gift card that I will be using for the fabric. Don't you love gift cards?! See Mom, no money!



I am super excited about the pockets on the dress. I love pockets on dresses. I think it always reminds me of Bette Davis in All About Eve, where she is in that killer dress with the fur trim. Not like the dress isn't fabulous enough, but it has pockets! I wonder what Bette kept in those pockets? Hmmm. If you haven't seen this movie, it is excellent. And we also get to see a young Marilyn Monroe in this film. Please, please, if you haven't seen this movie, go watch it. Now. Seriously.


As for project #1, it was finished yesterday morning before I made myself late for work. Yay! and Boo! at the same time. Where does anyone find the time to sew and carry on a normal life?! I am hoping that I will have photos of the top and the skirt tomorrow.  I am going to try to be better about posting pictures. Really, I will try. And I will also try to resist the urge to chop off my head. Really, I will try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment