Well, it has been a week since I posted my goals and it is time to see how I am doing. I think I have done pretty well this past week. Let's recap what I wanted to get done:
- finish shirtwaist dress
- decide on two patterns to sew before I leave, purchase fabric and notions
- set-up sewing area
- finish sewing for others
- use vintage machine
- sew both projects completely
Now, I have started about three of these goals, but have actually finished only one. But, that is all I need for this week. Sorry, folks. No stash poaching this time.
I ended up focusing mostly on getting my sewing area set up, for obvious reasons. It really had to be the first goal that I finished, otherwise not much else would get done. I also just have a button to sew on (I finished the pocket), and I did start the romper for my sister. I also decided on the first project and I am pretty sure what I will choose for the second project, I just need to find fabric. But, final decisions must be made!
This week is going to be trickier I imagine. The easy goal is now gone. I have a wedding to go to and am working a little more this week, but I still want to stay focused! This week will be the true test.