Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Winner is....


The Michael Kors dress wins the slot for my Anniversary dress. I fell in love with the dress the first time I saw it, and I just need to make it. That is that. I want something that I really want to make, and this is definitely it.  

For fabric I think I am going to make it in dupioni silk. Not my favorite choice, but the other options are tropical wool or peau de soie, neither of which sound appealing or cost effective. I don't have any dupioni in my stash, which means I will have to buy some. My only concern with dupioni is this looking like a bridesmaid dress. I don't think that will happen, but this is where color choice will matter. I was thinking grey, black, navy (which I seem to only use now) or a plum. What I would give to get some of the polka dotted fabric like the pattern, but alas I have not seen anything. If someone finds something in the next 24 hours, please let me know. 

Also, check out my new header. Fancy, eh? Thanks Laurel for all your hard work :) Next up...getting my sewing area ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment