Sunday, October 3, 2010

Next Up: Simplicity 2403


While I am awaiting the arrival of a zipper and interfacing for my skirt (my mother was sending me a package anyway, so I had her toss them in) I decided to get on to another project. So here it is. Simplicity's Project Runway 2403. Basically a shirtwaist dress with different sleeve and bodice options. Shirtwaist dress...hmmm, that sounds familiar, doesn't it? Does anyone remember my shirtwaist dress that I abandoned in the states?


I apparently don't even have a photo of the somewhat finished bodice with all its crooked-buttonhole-glory. I clearly did not love that dress. So, instead I am going to do another one! Yay! Well, hopefully this one will go better than the last, and maybe this will give me the knowledge to salvage the one I have at home later.


Anyway, I brought with me a black swiss dot lawn that I had earmarked for this project. All I need is a zipper, buttons and interfacing. This means I will have to make another trip to the Merceria! 

No comments:

Post a Comment