Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Body Block: Sheath Dress (almost done!)



It is very late, almost 1 am. I am going down to Boston tomorrow (or today) and if I don't post this now, it may not go up tomorrow. Here is a shot from earlier this evening. I am further along than that, but it is too dark to try and take another picture and I need to go to bed. 

The arms and neck have been finished in bias tape, just store-bought stuff since I ran out of material to make my own. The hem is bias-bagged, which I will show a pic of tomorrow. I think I like this way of hemming, but I will reserve my judgment until it is completely finished.

And you know what else is cool? I have sewn almost* the whole dress on my New Home:


* I had to put in zipper and finish seams with my Viking.

Tomorrow I will finish hemming, and perhaps get a photo of me in the dress. Not just on my form, who is much smaller than me in the lower part of the body. I am a pear, the form, not so much. I will actually finish this dress with time to spare before the 17th! Woohoo!

1 comment: