Friday, January 7, 2011

2011 Resolutions


You all have them, even if you don't admit it outright. At the end of the year, I think we all make a mental note at what we want to accomplish or do differently in the next year. Whether it be health, work or hobby related, I think no one is really void of this. So here are my goals for 2011:

  • Sew more. Pretty open-ended, I know, but I think I can count on one hand the amount of garments I *actually* finished last year. That doesn't include the numerous unfinished projects I have or all the ideas I had but never executed.
  • Finish body block (with test run of sheath pattern) before the 17th of January. I think his will help me abroad if I have my own block with me. At least in theory it will! 
  • Try to sew from pattern stash. I will also try to limit my pattern purchasing. I will try to only sew from what I already have. Since I will be back abroad soon, I need to gather the patterns that I will take with me.
  • Blog more. This ties in with the first goal ;)
  • Sign up for one PR sewing class. I have been wanting to do one for a long time, and I think this is the year to do it. Has anyone ever taken one? 
  • Join one sew-along. There are two that I have my eye on. Peter's shirt might be the winner.
  • Make at least 12 garments (dresses, skirts, bathrobes or what have you). I hesitate to give myself a number, but there it is. That is one a month. Seriously, that shouldn't be a problem.
  • Try to make two dresses from Simon Henry's book. If I decide to make three, so be it.
  • Take advantage of being in Italy. This is directed at fabric and trim purchasing. I will only be there for six more months, so I should take the opportunity of the non-polyester-crazy fabric stores. 
Am I forgetting anything? Should I give myself more direction? Less restriction? Anyone have any goals for 2011, sewing or otherwise? 

Now I will go and start to deconstruct my body block to use as pattern for my sheath. Onward :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow - I'm just rolling over 2010 resolutions and adding a couple of special ones - smile and be happy! I can feel that it will be a great year as it has started out beautifully -good luck with your goals. Make the most of Rome/Europe to visit lovely places. Have you seen the Textile Museum in St Gallen Switzerland? Well worth the travel also in St Gallen you will find Forster and Rohner (very swish fabric designer/store). Buono Viaggio!!

    ReplyDelete