You all have them, even if you don't admit it outright. At the end of the year, I think we all make a mental note at what we want to accomplish or do differently in the next year. Whether it be health, work or hobby related, I think no one is really void of this. So here are my goals for 2011:
- Sew more. Pretty open-ended, I know, but I think I can count on one hand the amount of garments I *actually* finished last year. That doesn't include the numerous unfinished projects I have or all the ideas I had but never executed.
- Finish body block (with test run of sheath pattern) before the 17th of January. I think his will help me abroad if I have my own block with me. At least in theory it will!
- Try to sew from pattern stash. I will also try to limit my pattern purchasing. I will try to only sew from what I already have. Since I will be back abroad soon, I need to gather the patterns that I will take with me.
- Blog more. This ties in with the first goal ;)
- Sign up for one PR sewing class. I have been wanting to do one for a long time, and I think this is the year to do it. Has anyone ever taken one?
- Join one sew-along. There are two that I have my eye on. Peter's shirt might be the winner.
- Make at least 12 garments (dresses, skirts, bathrobes or what have you). I hesitate to give myself a number, but there it is. That is one a month. Seriously, that shouldn't be a problem.
- Try to make two dresses from Simon Henry's book. If I decide to make three, so be it.
- Take advantage of being in Italy. This is directed at fabric and trim purchasing. I will only be there for six more months, so I should take the opportunity of the non-polyester-crazy fabric stores.
Am I forgetting anything? Should I give myself more direction? Less restriction? Anyone have any goals for 2011, sewing or otherwise?
Now I will go and start to deconstruct my body block to use as pattern for my sheath. Onward :)