Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Shirtwaist Dress: Planning Part II



I don't sleep well at night. I sound like a broken record, I know, but the other night my normal tossing and turning was even worse. Why? Fabric. I couldn't stop thinking about it. Polka dots, silks, linens and cottons. At night I write my posts before I go to bed and I think my fabric post from yesterday crept into every aspect of my dreams. I know now that I am not alone. But sheesh! It was a little crazy.

I have come to the realization that silk is not the way to go on my shirtwaist dress. This poses two problems. First, I won't use the silk that I already possess (oops!). And second, that means I need more fabric. The latter half isn't really a problem, but this means not depleting my stash, but making it grow even more. My husband will be thrilled ;)
The two swatches are where my thinking is heading now. The gingham and the polka dots. Both can be had at this amazing store. I have yet to purchase anything from them, but have heard (well, read) wonderful things. All of the fabric options are stunning, so if you haven't checked it out, you should. 

Do these options seem better? Or worse? Will I have nightmares of gingham gorgons or will I run through lovely polka dot pastures?  Anyone else have crazy confessions of nocturnal planning?

No comments:

Post a Comment