Friday, November 5, 2010

McCalls 5591: Finished!


Remember this skirt? I finally finished it! I had brought all the pieces cut to Rome, but lacked a zipper and interfacing. After a helpful care package from the States, I was ready to finish the task. It has been done for a couple days but lacked a photo. I know this isn't great, but since it is taken with my laptop, I don't think it is so bad. It was either this or nothing :)

I have been mostly sewing dresses and the occasional romper, so I had forgotten just how little time it takes to make a skirt. If I had all the items with me when I arrived I would have finished it that first day of sewing. I need to remember this and sew more skirts. If I get my act together I will even post a review on Pattern Review even thought it is an older pattern. It was very easy to sew, although I am still not convinced that the box pleats are a good look for me. Any opinions out there?

It will take a few wearings to see how it pans out. All in all I think it is a very cute skirt and I am very pleased with the way it turned out. So one project done! I have been sidetracked with another task before I will finish the Simplicity dress, but I want to finish it before I head back to the states.

So again, in case you didn't get it, yay for easy skirts and for actually finishing a project for me!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read the review. It is a very cute skirt.

    ReplyDelete