photos by this lovely couple
Wait...wouldn't the week be 26? Half-way through the year? Hmmmm....
It is the first of July already! Wow! I am not really sure how that happened but it did. It has been a little while since I last posted, so I wanted to put up something to let you know that I am still here and desperately missing writing and sewing for my little corner of the internets. I have been very busy since I last posted and I thought I would give you some of the details of what has been happening:
- The Wedding: my sister got married on Memorial Day in Maine. It was beautiful, even though the weather did NOT cooperate. Honestly, between you, me and the rest of you out there, I actually think that the rain made the whole event just lovely. The ceremony ended up in a cozy cabin that when I walked in, the work of the florists completely took my breath away. The whole thing became cozy, intimate (even with 100+ people!), rustic-ly beautiful and personal. My sister, the bride, will hopefully one day believe this. Even though there are a thousand pictures and memories to prove it right now.
- The Surgery: my husband went through a hip replacement at the beginning of last month and all is going great! He is quite young for the surgery (42) but between early arthritis and a torn labrum it all became so unbearable that surgery was necessary. But the patient is doing fine!! And so is his nurse! (That is me. In case you didn't know.)
- The condo: Boo :( It is still on the market and we are just waiting for that *right* person to come in and whisk it off its feet. Or just make a reasonable offer. Either one will work for me! No new sewing room, as of yet.
- The Sewing: ummm....nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Big heavy sigh. But I did stumble upon a few garments that never made it blog-side. I will post one later this week.
- The Knitting: I took this Craftsy course and am about to embark on my first sweater tonight! Wheee!!
- The Fleaver: my obsession with flea markets may be getting the best of me. That one might require multiple posts!
Quite a lot has been on my plate the last few months. Soon enough I hope I will be able to get back to my sewing machine and patterns. I have consoled myself with looking at all the garments that everyone else has made. Unfortunately this causes my list of "must have" patterns to grow with each day and each post (and you all have been busy!). I need to sew something soon! Maybe something easy like an apron? Any other quick and dirty projects that will kill the "must. sew. now" bug? What project do you pull out when you need a quick hit?
I am all ears :)
Finally a parting shot of me and the bride:
See you later this week! Have a great Monday :)