Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Please Excuse the Interruption...



I have been working on my shirtwaist dress (slowly, I swear), but I have had to take a break. We are opening up a second cheese store! Yay cheese! The possible open date is for next Thursday, June 10th. Only nine days away. I'm sorry, I guess you didn't hear me? nine. days. away.

I have been sewing curtains for the new location. Actually I am altering existing curtains to fit the extremely large windows we have. This task has taken me away from my other scheduled sewing (or lack thereof recently). For your viewing pleasure, here is what I am doing with curtains: cut them down the middle, hemmed the sides and will place next to other curtains (black ticking, purchased at Ikea) which I also need to cut, hem, and create a third panel from. Here is a look at the progress so far:

 


do you see my dress in the background? See I wasn't lying!

I went up today to the new location to figure out where to hem, so here is a shot of what it will eventually look like. Please pretend they are all hemmed the same length:


Now that I look at it, is this a stupid idea? Should I just return the stripes and get all green? These windows are five feet wide, but the curtains will only be about 36" in length. If I return the ikea ones, it will be less money to just get all green. I will still have to hem regardless. Now I am having second thoughts about the two colors. Any ideas out there? And remember three panels have now been split in half.

I also have a bunch of other things that I haven't been able to post about: a free-fabric bonanza, a new dress form, serger thread overload (yet no serger), and new pattern purchases (hurray!) that maybe worth jumping the shirtwaist-ship. I swear, as soon as I get more than an hour to myself I will get on the blogging ball :)

Wish me luck...and sanity ;)

Update 6/8/10: I did end up going with all green. I decided it looked too weird with the two different panels with two different fabrics. And, I might not have to hem them that much. At least my indecisiveness kept me from cutting into the Ikea ones :)

2 comments:

  1. Hellloooooooooooooo? Anybody home? All I see are tumbleweeds here, missy. Better let me know how that dress is coming along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A post is coming. I swear.

    Do you know how long it takes to clean up tumbleweeds?! I'm working on it :)

    ReplyDelete